I received this recipe from AllRecipes Healthy Choices subscription. Easy to make, ready for breakfast! I might add some raisins next time. Delicious and healthy muffins. Great for breakfast or a snack. No oil, butter or yeast! You may use oat bran instead of oatmeal if you wish
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cups mashed ripe banana
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, banana, brown sugar, applesauce and vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Gently stir flour mixture and oatmeal into banana mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven or 15 to 20 minutes, or until light brown. Remove muffins from pan and place on a wire rack to let cool before serving