Last year, after fresh peach season was over, I saw a recipe for Roasted Peach and Strawberry Jam. I saved that link for a half a year, until this week, when the farmer’s market was selling BOTH fresh peaches and strawberries. It was worth the wait.
This jam isn’t cooked, but will last a couple of week if refrigerated. As if!
It is an easy and (hands on) quick recipe.
- 3 cups (350 g) hulled and cut up strawberries
- 3 cups (415 g) halved peaches
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbl lemon juice
- Halve peaches and remove the stone
- Bake peach halves at 250 F for 15 minutes, then turn over, skin side up and bake for and additional 15 min
- Slice strawberries – they don’t have to be too small, but should at least be sliced in half
- Remove peach halves from oven, remove the skin and dice them, toss with the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice.
- Spread fruit on a lightly olive oil sprayed, aluminum foil lined baking sheet (with edges) for 45-60 minutes or until the fruit is very soft, but not so long as the juice solidifies.
- Remove the fruit from the over and let cool 5-10 minute.
- Pour fruit and juices into a food processor and puree until the desired consistency is obtained.
- Can and place in the refrigerator.