So what is a person to do with two very over-ripe bananas? Throw them out? I think not! Being both thrifty and whimsical I found an easy recipe for banana bread and at QC’s request added some raisins. In hindsight, I should have added more raisins. Next time I will use a whole cup instead of half. (Below recipe modified)
The recipe called for two tablespoons of sugar to be sprinkled on the top of the loaf prior to baking. This added a nice crunch and caramelization to the loaf. However, one tablespoon would probably be adequate. (Below recipe modified.)
Banana Raisin Bread
• 2 cups flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 3⁄4 cup sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1⁄4 cup oil
• 1⁄4 cup milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2 ripe bananas, mashed
• 1 cup raisins
• 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Pour in loaf pan sprayed with baking spray with flour and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake for about an hour, until golden brown.
- Cool completely before slicing.