Here is another version in my search for excellence in gluten, dairy and soy free sandwich bread. The universal acclaim indicated this version was “incredible.” Personally, QC and I thought it was pretty darn good. Nearly comparable to “regular” bread.
Two more versions to go to “perfection!”
Gluten Free Sandwich Bread (White Gold)
• 1 package (1.1 Lb) Extra White Gold gluten free bread flour
• 1 Tbsp. dry yeast (1 envelope)
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 3 eggs
• 1 c. lukewarm almond milk
• ¼ cup vegetable oil
• 1 ½ tsp. salt
• 1 egg for egg wash
• Sesame seeds (optional)
- Add the flour, honey and yeast to a stand mixer bowl. Mix for 3 minutes with a paddle attachment.
- Add the eggs and almond milk and mix for 3 minutes.
- Add vegetable oil and salt and mix on low speed for 4 minutes. The dough should be sticky.
- Let it rise for 90 minutes, in the mixer bowl, covered, in a warm dry place. (Such as a proofing oven)
- Pour/scape the dough in a bread loaf. (A narrower bread pan will help shape the bread.)
- Let the dough rise for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 deg. Place a shallow dish in the lower part of the oven
- Brush the bread gently with an egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds (optional).
- Place the bread pan on a center rack and pour 1 cup of water into the shallow dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown. (Don’t overtake!)