I received a very nice comment on the white velvet cake I made as part of Daniel and Frances’ wedding cake. She wanted the recipe, the nicest form of flattery.The cake here is another one using the same recipe
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 round 8 inch pans. Sift the flour and salt together and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and mix well. Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk. Alternately add flour and buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour. Pour into two 8-inch pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for about 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool cake completely before icing.
This is adorable and sounds delicious!