It’s Pi day, so in rebellion, I made white chocolate mousse for mirror glazing tomorrow and chocolate-chip/raspberry brownies with chocolate ganache for the chewy chocolate center of my galaxy mousse cakes.
Luckily, there was extra mousse today for quality control sampling tonight. I had mine with a raspberry coulis and Fran paired it with chocolate sauce. Excellent flavor and texture. Tomorrow I will mirror glaze them experimenting with a galaxy motif. Check back soon.
White Chocolate Mousse
• 1 Envelope powdered gelatin
• 12 oz White chocolate chips
• 2 1/2 Cups Heavy cream
- Dissolve gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water, and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place chocolate in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse until very finely chopped.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and ice and set aside.
- Place 3/4 cup cream in a small saucepan, and bring just to a boil over medium-high heat. Add
the dissolved gelatin, and stir for 30 seconds to dissolve completely. Pour into food processor
with the motor running, and process until chocolate mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and place over ice water bath. Chill until mixture is thick enough to
fall from a spoon and form ribbons on the top of the melted chocolate.
- Whip remaining 1 3/4 cups heavy cream to soft peaks. Fold into chocolate mixture. If not using immediately, refrigerate in an airtight container or fill individual dessert dishes cover and place