Actually, it is a lemon knot in my stomach. Dan and Frances gave me some lemons from a neighbor’s tree, permission granted of course. I happen to see a simple recipe for Lemon Knots and decided that would be a great place to use one of the lemons. It was.
It is a very easy recipe, especially since I do not make my own puff pastry. I tried rough puff once, but found the full puff purchased in the market is better than what I could make at home. I may make full puff one day, just for the experience. I’m thinking about it. No promises.
Now, what to do with the other 11 lemons….
I added some sparkling sugar after the egg wash. It provides a little crunch and sweetness balance to the lemon zest.
Lemon Knots with Puff Pastry
• 1 sheet Puff Pastry, thawed
• 1 Egg
• 1 tablespoon Water
• 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar
• 3 teaspoons Lemon Juice
• Lemon Zest
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix together egg and water and set aside. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- On floured surface unfold pastry and roll out into a rectangle. Cut 12 strips.
- Fold each strip in half from top to bottom. Then make a knot.
- Place on baking sheet and brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- In the meantime, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- Brush on cooled knots. Top with lemon zest.